RHP Inc. offers rehabilitation services to people with various types of neurological injury and disorders, for example following stroke, the numerous causes of acquired brain injury, Multiple Sclerosis to mention a few. Our programmes are designed individually for each patient. Active involvement of you and your family is vital to the success of the program.
The goal of neurological rehabilitation is to help you return to the highest level of function and independence possible, while improving your overall quality of life — physically, emotionally, and socially.
To help reach these goals, our neurological rehabilitation programme may include:
- Training of activities of daily living (ADLs), such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, and more advanced instrumental ADLs as appropriate, namely cooking, and basic housekeeping
- Speech therapy to assist with difficulties in swallowing and communication.
- The rehabilitation of functional independence shall work on activities to improve mobility (movement), balance and gait (walking).
- Specific management of spasticity, range of movement and pain.
- Social and behavioural skills retraining
- Activities to improve cognitive impairments, such as problems with concentration, attention, memory, and poor judgment
As part of the rehabilitation process the therapy team shall help with equipment trialling and recommendations for yourself and your home and possibly work environment, following a seating assessment, and home / school / work visit, where appropriate recommendations are made.
Periods at home as part of residential integration, once cleared by the whole team, with the prescribed and required grading of time periods at home to implement therapy recommendations (home adaptations, equipment trials, education and training, home programmes, etc.)
At Rita Henn and Partners Inc. A treatment plan following a 3-day assessment includes:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy / group-based classes
- Independent and supervised practice
- Meeting with immediate family / primary companion to facilitate optimal planning for reintegration upon discharge
- Comprehensive training and education specific to your condition / injury, with yourself, your family, and possibly caregivers
- Outpatient therapy programme as part of the recommendations upon discharge, where appropriate.
We look forward to your rehabilitation journey, to provide the best possible care to support optimal recovery and reintegration.
- Assisted Outings
- Carer Training
- Exercise Plans & Prescriptions
- Functional Activity Training
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Functional Mobility
- Group Rehabilitation Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Motivation for Equipment
- Prescriptions: Assisted Devices & Mobility Equipment
- Rehabilitation Treatment Plans
- Wheelchair & Cushion Procurement
- Wheelchair Ergonomic Assessments
- Work ability Assessment Reports
- Aquatherapy /Hydro Therapy
- Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) Systems
- Biodex unweighing system
- Dark Room Sensory Modulation
- Dry Needling
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES)
- Functional Mobility
- Gait Rehabilitation / Re-education
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Lokomat / Robotic Walking
- Modified Barium Swallow (MBS)
- Motor Relearning
- Myofascial Release
- Paediatric Rehabilitation
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Pressure Mapping System
- SIT Lab (Seating Clinic) / Force Sensitive Application
- Swallowing Therapy
- Upper Limb Evaluation / Assessments and Treatment
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Weight-bearing Therapy